Our Vision / Why do students have to learn English?
Apart from serving as a communication tool, English enables students to gain exposure to a world of knowledge, skills and important values shared across cultures. It is our belief that our curriculum should equip students with skills which prepare them for the future, as well as motivate them to learn English.
To achieve these goals, we design our school-based curriculum in accordance with our students’ needs while balancing between breadth and depth in language learning, in the hope of stimulating students’ learning interests and broadening their horizons. In addition, we incorporate elements of vocational English in our curriculum so as to foster an authentic and generic learning experience for our students.
Our Methods / How do we help students learn well?
● Setting specific and manageable curriculum goals to facilitate learning [modular system]
● Maintaining gradual progression and continuity in the development of language skills [language progression framework]
● Building trust between teachers and students to maintain a positive learning community
● Showing attention to students’ individual needs while taking into account their life experience and diverse background
● Adopting various tools and strategies, such as e-learning tools and graded learning tasks, to cater for diverse learning needs [differentiated instructions]
● Promoting the development of generic skills, including learning-to-learn, collaboration and problem-solving skills [project-based learning]
● Building a professional teaching team by conducting peer evaluations and lesson observations, offering in-home continuous professional development and collaboration with the Education Bureau and tertiary institutions
● Encouraging continuous improvement through process writing, peer and self assessment